Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vegan Alfredo

Can it be done? Sure. I was craving all things pasta, as I mentioned before, and ran across this vegan alfredo recipe. I remembered that I used to really enjoy those alfredo dinners "out of a box" and that last year I had tried an alfredo sauce out of a jar and it was terrible. So I decided to make my own, and actually make it stomach-friendly! The recipe I found seemed simple enough, it just required a little shopping trip (where I nearly broke my shoulder carrying it all home).


I assembled the ingredients and started simmering, and soon enough it was all mixed together, I had pureed, and it was ready to go!


Vastly more simple than I could have imagined. It smelled like alfredo, and it tasted very close. It needed a bit more salt, or some more zing to it. Next time I might take one commentator's suggestion and add some lemon juice.


For now, I simply enjoyed the creamy texture I always long for.

1 comment: