Monday, February 15, 2010

Pizza with roasted peppers



The crust for this pizza deserves an ode of its own. It is soft, elastic, glorious to roll out. I made this pizza all last summer using fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. This time around, I topped it with roasted orange and red bell peppers, Kalamata olives, last summer's tomatoes, and feta cheese. Next time I might try baking the crust off a touch before adding the toppings, but the results were truly satisfactory. Thanks, Barbara Kingsolver!

3 comments:

  1. I knew I forgot something, the onions! Your pizza looks delicious! As always, wish we could share the treats together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know it. Especially because I also forgot about the two-crust nature of the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, she wrote the Poisonwood Bible and much more. The recipe is from the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

    ReplyDelete