Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pizza Capri-Monique Style



Combining the amazing crust of Talea's mom with the toppings of my favorite "Zorba the Greek" pizza from Pizza Capri, I attempted deliciocity in the home. Successful? Tastebud results flip over the 10's! Homemade pesto (with basil leaves from our prolific basil plant), home roasted peppers, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, and kalamata olives on a white and whole wheat crust baked on a pizza stone. I ate my half in one sitting, if that tells you anything.

3 comments:

  1. Here it is! Hope you're feeling better! I'm off to fasching, and I'll post a picture of that and you will have to guess our costume...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Oh, and this particular recipe is Barbara Kingsolver's---you should get the book; I bet you'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't she write novels? Name sounds familiar. I tried the second pizza tonight, combining pesto leftover sauce with a butter garlic sauce. Amazing. This time just the tomatoes and heaps of spinach with feta. YUM!

    ReplyDelete