Thursday, December 11, 2014

Special-K Loaf

Or, more accurately, ALMOST Special-K Loaf. This version is vegan. Well, almost. I can't do dairy, but I have nothing against eggs, so I re-substituted real eggs for the flax seed eggs (1 TBL flax seed = 1 egg). The results were fantastic! I used walnuts instead of pecans, onion soup mix instead of George Washington Seasoning (whatever that is), and added a teaspoon of salt but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. I even used real Classic Special-K, which I'd never had before. I thought the cereal was quite sweet but it was perfect in the end. Spectacular dish! It will be a repeat recipe here, though I will have to remember to cook it a bit longer next time, as mine was thicker than Tofu Mom's and was quite crumbly and falling apart when trying to serve.

Almost Special-K Loaf, baked in a cazuela!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post.Thanks for sharing this message.Really,Your blog is not only instructive but useful too.

    _______________________
    Weight loss Albuquerque

    ReplyDelete