Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Recent Cooking Adventures

Sometimes I have time to take a photo of a dish I've just prepared. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes it is just too tempting to dive right in, and off we go. I remember a photo when the plate is licked clean and the last crumbs of evidence are gone. Here are the recipes that I captured pre-consumption, and links to the recipes (click on the caption) with personal notes.

Mrs. Sally's Biscuits and Gravy
 Biscuits and gravy have been a favorite Sunday morning treat forever. These were added to by the flying ashes in the air, but otherwise, the modified version worked quite well.

Vegan Green Chili Mac N Cheese
This is a favorite! Probably my very favorite of the various vegan mac n cheeses I've tried so far. I've made it several times now, and this time I added a couple of Chipotle chili peppers for some smoky flavor. It was delicious!

Quick and Easy Tofu with Ramen Noodles
Not a success. I burned the tofu instead of caramelizing it, I was not a fan of the ramen egg noodles, and the spinach I used instead of Kale tasted overcooked. The sauce was good, but could use more punch, and I went on to use it, modified, in other recipes. Not a repeat recipe for me.

Asian Noodle Bowl with Ginger Peanut Dressing
 This has become an instant success. You add peanut butter to a dish and it's a success with me to begin with. Add fresh veggies in manageable bites, tofu that I sautéed in leftover sauce from the previous recipe, and rice noodles, and I am SET. I love rice noodles. The entire dish was a delight and repeated twice within a week. An easy, quick to make dish.

One Pot Farmer's Market Pasta
I was incredibly wary of a "one pot" pasta dish. Normally I am not a fan of pastas+veggies. I'll eat all the veggies out, then eat the pasta. However, this turned out very well and was unanimously voted as a repeat recipe in this household. I used an aged sheep cheese and that added just the right note to the dish. Next time I'd chop the broccoli smaller, but otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing. The whole wheat noodles were even a hit, which I don't normally like. An all-round great dish.

Monique's Favorite Smoothie
The latest member of the household! A super machine made by Bosch, whom I've trusted for years now with my blending needs (my Bosch Universal machine is sitting in storage on the other side of the Atlantic. I don't know if I can go back after meeting this baby! This one even has a food processor and juicer in one!). The milkshake: soy yogurt, soy milk, peanut butter, frozen bananas, bar of chocolate. Delicious, and perfectly blended.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! These all look good. I'll have to try the vegan mac 'n cheese sometime.

    ReplyDelete