Thursday, February 9, 2012

Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup

I picked up this recipe for a Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup on Wholefoods' recipes page the other day and decided I needed to try it. I don't really like cauliflower at all, so I'm not sure why this appealed to me. Maybe it was the cream-free creaminess of it, or the chance to use our new milk maker on some almonds, or the curry and onions already on my shelves. Somehow I decided this was something I had to try and so I went and bought my cauliflower (I'd recommend somewhere cheaper than Wholefoods, where the wrong scales in the produce section left me with twice the amount of expensive organic cauliflower I needed!). I set the almonds to soaking last night and this morning my husband put them through our handy-dandy Soyabella and we had tasty almond milk ready to go.

The whole recipe came together fairly easy, taking only a few minutes to chop everything up and throw it in the pot and then let it simmer awhile without much supervision at all. The end result was actually fairly tasty. Blending it takes away any textural issues with cauliflower and the curry spices it up nicely. I added some salt and pepper (on second thought I would have left the pepper out, it fought against the curry) and served it up in our colorful square bowls. With some buttered toast and a picnic blanket in the sun it made a delightful break in our day!


2 comments:

  1. I meant to stop and savor, to ponder and meditate on each bite, but I got distracted by the sun and the trees and the soup was eaten unnoted. A picture will have to suffice for today.

    ReplyDelete