Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Very Fishy Dinner

I needed a meal fit for a birthday girl. (Incidentally, that birthday girl was myself.) I searched and searched for some delicious way to prepare salmon that I hadn't tried yet, and finally found an enticing recipe through my Pinterest account, linked to this fun-looking website. I did some shopping, enticed my roommate into joining me in the effort, and we set to chopping, slicing, and wrapping.


We carefully overlaid the fillet with lemons, kalamata olives, and surrounded it with red peppers and zucchinis, laying a final sprig of thyme on to finish the flavoring.



All the packages wrapped in parchment paper and tied with oven-safe string were then set out on a baking tray and placed in the 350 F oven.



The recipe said one fillet would take 12 minutes but with seven fillets we ended up waiting half an hour before declaring the fillets cooked through.


The final product was tender and very tasty, with the fat from the salmon flavoring the vegetables. 


3 comments:

  1. because you wanted to know about this part too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy! Isn't this a French thing to do? En papillote or something? Very cool. I'm glad it was tasty. Did you just use regular salt? Any other seasoning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, no idea on the Frenchness of it :)

    I used olive oil, sea salt, and a dash of pepper on the veggies and on the fillets and it was just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete